Patrons of the Arts can Sponsor a Chalk Artist!
Individuals, families, businesses, organizations – anyone who is a patron of the arts can show their support of artists and the arts community by sponsoring a chalk artist to create a chalk art mural for them at the Chalk it Up! Festival. Since 1991 Chalk It Up has been FREE for the public. We are one of the last of the free, family-friendly festivals, and your sponsorship donations are what keep us going!
Sign ups are easy! Chalk Art Patron Sponsors fill out the form, make a donation, and our Chalk It Up volunteers take it from there.
- Chalk Art Patron Sponsors can have their own artist sign up, or Chalk It Up will assign an artist to create a sidewalk chalk mural at the festival with the sponsor’s name on it.
- The Chalk Art Patron’s name will be in 6” tall letters on the bottom of their art square
- Each work of art will be photographed and added to our virtual map, including a link to the sponsor and a link to the artist.
- Chalk Art Patrons can visit the festival over the 3-day weekend to watch their artwork come to life, or they can follow the progress on the virtual map.
FUN FACT: Street painting, using chalk as the medium, is an Italian tradition that is believed to have begun during the 16th century. It is called “Madonnari” because of their practice of reproducing the image of the Madonna (Our Lady). The early Italian street painters were travelers who would arrive in small towns and villages for Catholic religious festivals and transform the streets and public squares into temporary galleries for their works of art. The Chalk It Up Festival honors this tradition and celebrates the transient beauty of this medium.
Each Chalk Art Patron Sponsor will be matched with a volunteer artist, or, if you already have an artist that you’d like to work with, please include that information on the Sponsorship Form.
- If providing an artist, that artist must register as an artist on the Chalk It Up website
- If you have specific preferences on art style or image indicate those preferences on the form or contact us for consideration
Major Sponsorship of the Chalk It Up Festival
Engage and activate your business or organization at our Chalk It Up! Art & Music Festival with exposure to over 40,000 attendees.
Your generous contributions help keep our annual festival free to the public. Sponsorship packages can be tailored to your business or organization and can include your logo on our event pieces, social media mentions, website links, and media coverage.
Businesses and Individuals can show their support for the arts and the community with a choice of Chalk It Up sponsorships:
- Become the exclusive sponsor of Chalk It Up.
- Underwrite a specific feature of the festival; for example, sponsoring the stage, the kids art zone, the fresh water refill station, refreshments for the artists and volunteers, etc.
- Make an in-kind donation of goods or services.
- Become a Square Chalk Square Patron by sponsoring a chalk artist.
Chalk It Up offers its corporate sponsors a variety of tangible benefits, including recognition with logo and company name featured on event signage and flyers, your logo featured year-round on the Chalk It Up website, social media posts, artists working in front of your business locations, and more. We can design a custom proposal to suit your needs.
We will assign a talented chalk artist who will create a unique and expressive chalk art square with your name proudly displayed. Be included in customized social media posts, website branding, and possible onsite space activation, signage and inclusion on our Interactive Map. You can also supply an artist of your choice to help create your vision if so desired
As a 501(c)(3) organization, we are able to host chalk art events and award grants through the generous donations of our sponsors!