Chalk It Up could not function without the tireless work of our volunteers throughout the year. Each year, hundreds of volunteers help us ensure that the Chalk It Up! Festival is one of Sacramento’s most popular family festivals. We also rely on our volunteers during other parts of the year to help Chalk It Up fulfill its mission of empowering and supporting the next generation of Sacramento Region artists.
2023 Festival Volunteer FAQs
- We are THRILLED to bring the annual Chalk It Up! Chalk Art & Music Festival back to Fremont Park this Labor Day Weekend, September 2-4 2023… our 33rd year!
- Chalk It Up is high energy and fun! Volunteers get to see the art, listen to the music, and visit the vendor booths and the food trucks, all while helping to put on the festival.
- Since 1991 the Chalk It Up Festival has been free to the public because of the support from our volunteers. We are the last FREE, FAMILY-FRIENDLY festival because of your hard work!
- Volunteers can help in so many ways! Volunteer shifts are typically 3-4 hours, and include setting up tables and chairs, taking photos, delivering snacks and treats to the artists, working backstage at the Chalk It Up Stage to help bands load in and out, staffing the doggy hydration station, and more.
- Volunteers can sign up for one single shift, or for multiple shifts over the festival weekend. Chalk It Up is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Students can fulfill their service learning or community service hours for school over one fun weekend!
Please sign up today and our Festival Coordinators will reach out to you to schedule times. Oh, and bring your friends!