Chalk It Up accepts grant applications for the following areas:
- Arts programming including classes, workshops, or training
- Art materials, equipment or tools for classes
- Transportation expenses for arts-related field trips or programs
- Speaker or guest artist fees
- Attendance fees for artistic productions, performances, classes, workshops, museums visits, etc.
Use of Funds
- Funds may not be used to replace funds for the staff or school personnel
- Funds may not be used for celebration supplies, food, or refreshments
- Chalk It Up reserves the right to ask for proof of payment, attendance, or participation for all funded grant proposals
- Funds may only be used for the purposes listed in the grant application
- Grants are open to organizations based in the Sacramento region currently providing arts education, support, and training for K-12 youth
- Nonprofit or tax-exempt agencies including educational and religious institutions may apply
- Projects must provide participatory learning and creative guidance aimed at developing student’s artistic senses
- Projects may be in any artistic discipline
- Projects must be led by or have significant involvement from experienced artists or arts educators
How much can we ask for in our grant application?
Our grant program funds applicants up to $500
When does our organization receive the funding?
After submitting your grant application, Chalk It Up will contact you with our decision. If your application has been approved, you will receive a letter as well as a check in the mail within 2 weeks of September or February depending on the session.
What happens after we have received the grant?
Please send Chalk It Up documentation (receipts, invoices, pictures, etc.) as you spend your CIU funds for our records. Please send pictures, videos, testimonials, or anything else that can show CIU and our audiences how our grant has impacted you and/or your program.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com