Chalk It Up accepts grant applications for the following areas:
- Arts programming including classes, workshops, or training
- Art materials, equipment or tools for classes
- Transportation expenses for arts-related field trips or programs
- Speaker or guest artist fees
- Attendance fees for artistic productions, performances, classes, workshops, museums visits, etc.
Use of Funds
- Funds may not be used to replace funds for the staff or school personnel
- Funds may not be used for celebration supplies, food, or refreshments
- Chalk It Up reserves the right to ask for proof of payment, attendance, or participation for all funded grant proposals
- Funds may only be used for the purposes listed in the grant application
- Grants are open to organizations based in the Sacramento region currently providing arts education, support, and training for K-12 youth
- Nonprofit or tax-exempt agencies including educational and religious institutions may apply
- Projects must provide participatory learning and creative guidance aimed at developing student’s artistic senses
- Projects may be in any artistic discipline
- Projects must be led by or have significant involvement from experienced artists or arts educators
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the new grant seasons?
Chalk It Up has recently revamped its grant program. Our two grant seasons aim to capture when most applicants historically apply for grants and better correspond with the school year. Fall session opens for applications May 20th, closes July 14th, and funds on September 4th. The Winter session opens for applications November 3rd closes December 8th and funds January 28th.
How much can we ask for in our grant application?
Our grant program funds up to $500.
When do we receive our money?
After submitting your grant application, Chalk It Up will contact you with our decision. If your application has been approved, you will receive a letter as well as a check in the mail within 2 weeks of the funding date – September 4th in the Fall and January 18th in the Winter.
What happens after I have used the grant money?
Please send Chalk It Up documentation (receipts, invoices, pictures, etc.) as you spend your CIU funds for our records. We encourage you to send pictures, videos, testimonials, or anything else that can show CIU and our audiences how our grant has impacted you and/or your program.